Patch Notes - Version 20.08
by EVE Online Team11:00am on Wednesday 21st September 2022
The following page will list patch notes for all updates within this release (Version 20.08). We invite you to join the player discussion about the content of this release on EVE Online forums:
Initial Release Date: 2022-09-13
Last update: 2022-09-21
🤝 - Indicates a change inspired by player's feedback or suggestions.
Patch Notes For 2022-09-21.1
- Fixed an issue where the 'Sell PLEX for ISK' button in the Inventory and Wallet was not working.
Patch Notes For 2022-09-20.1
- Removed expired Liberation Games boosters from the market.
- Several UI sounds like for the Directional Scanner and Project Discovery are now again playing each event and not only every few events.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to add more than 2 items to the Sell window the first time it was opened.
- Fixed an issue where the Drone count was sometimes incorrect.
Patch Notes For 2022-09-15.1
- Fixed an issue with the Compression Window UI not correctly updating after compressing ore.
- The AIR NPE introduction video will now have subtitles when the client is set to Spanish.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mac client to spam error into logs.
- You are now able to use the Selected Items window to Launch Drones, Engage Target, and Scoop to Drones Bay again.
- The Planetary Industry section of the Agency now opens correctly.
Patch Notes For 2022-09-14.1
New Player Experience:
- Various window and input restrictions from the AIR NPE will no longer be carried over into the first Career Agent mission.
- Wallet settings now save after you have closed the window.
- Shattered Planets now have the correct label next to them in the in-space right click menu.
- Structures now appear again in the in-space right click menu.
Patch Notes For 2022-09-13.1
Features & Changes
Features & Changes:
Air Career Program:
- Careers, Activities and Goals can be dragged into chat and mails to have their details shared.
The first steps have been taken to localize EVE Online into European Spanish. Some aspects of the game client, the official EVE Online web site and the official forums are now available in Spanish. We will be iterating on and adding to the translations, working with the players to build on todays release. 🤝
- Spanish Help and Recruitment Channels have been added in-game.
- Additional updates have been made to Korean, Japanese, German, French, and Russian text.
- It is now possible to multi-fit strategic cruisers. 🤝 (Wormholer btw)
- The Apply Skill Points windows will automatically set the number of skill points needed to train to the next level. 🤝
- Moved the "Toggle Market Ticker" option to the top right 'More' menu of the window.
- Updated Drones window.
- Using Compact Mode now removes the header of the window.
- Added Launch Drones, Engage Target, Return and Orbit,and Return to Drone Bay buttons to groups.
- Changed the 'Aggressive/Passive' radio buttons to an 'Auto Attack' checkbox.
- Improved Tooltips.
- Improved feedback when dragging and dropping Drones.
- Added Anomalies to the in-space right-click menu.
- Planet type now displayed in the in-space right-click menu.
- Clicking on the sub-menu of Asteroid Belts, Planets, Stargates, Stations, and Anomalies will now warp the ship to 0m. This is also the case with the Moons sub-menu as well as clicking Customs Office.
Join us in the discussion on the Drone Window as well as other additions to Photon UI on the EVE Online forums.
- Sounds are now properly stopped at logging off to character selection screen.
AIR Career Program:
- Increased Reward Crate volumes to match the items inside to prevent accidentally overloading of ships cargo hold when crate is opened while inside a ship. Also because of physics.
- The screen no longer gets stuck while docking.
- Reward Crates are now in the strong boxes category of the market.
- Fixed some overlapping issues between text and icons on different languages for the Career Program.
- Edencom Heavy GunStar turret wrecks now have an icon.
- Angel structure glass sections are now shown with the correct shader.
- Monument camera "Look At" locators have been tweaked to no longer encounter zoom issues.
- The blood splatter patterns on Blood Raider structures has been ... corrected. The Blood Raiders thank everyone who donated corpses to the cause.
New Player Experience:
- New players now have improved instructions on steps to take when selling items.
- New players now have improved instructions on steps to take when starting a Career path.
- Removed the 'View in Ship Tree' button in the AIR Astero's information window.
- Cash Flow For Capsuleers (1 of 10) will now only complete after all enemies within the site are destroyed.
- Aura will again instruct players to flee the site during Cash Flow for Capsuleers (4 of 10).
- Fixed an issue with the Faction Warfare agency section taking a long time to load.
- Redeem Queue pointer now says "this element doesn't appear on your screen right now" rather than claiming the pointer is invalid when the player has no items in their redeeming queue. Pointers have feelings, too.
- Adjusted Customization label position in the Character Customization screen to avoid overflow.
- Security color for systems will now appear correctly in both the Contracts and Contract details windows.
- Aligned the used Calibration meter to its boundary in the Fitting window.
- Pressing the Compare button under Variations tab of the Show Info window now adds variations to the Compare Tool window again.
- The Next button in the Contacts section of the People & Places window now shows correctly if the user has more than 50 contacts.
- Item names in Trade window no longer overlap when dropped on character portrait.
- The performance of the Personal Assets window has been improved.
- The Apply Skill Points window no longer has overflowing elements.
- Removed the option of adding Moon Chunk to the Overview.
- The D-Scan graphic now always follows your ship.
- Text for the 'Membership applications enabled' checkbox has been re-added.
- Fixed an issue with the "Fit Ship" button being incorrectly grayed out when fitting a T3 cruiser.
- Removed the view in ship tree button from the AIR Astero's information window.
- Fixed an issue causing new notes to not be correctly saved in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue resulting in no error being thrown when selling multiple damaged items.
- You will no longer incorrectly see the market order history for another character on the same account if they share the same corporation.
- Fixed an issue where the top of the Upwell Cargo Deposit window was not responsive.
- No longer any overlapping elements on the Planetary Industry section of the Agency.
- The 'View Application' and 'Apply to Join' windows within the Alliances section of the Corporation window no longer have overlapping elements.
- The close button on the New Event window that pops up on login no longer overflows the window.
- The "Open Existing Bug Reports" button in the Report Bug window no longer overlaps any window elements and the button now works correctly. Alanis Morissette was dissapointed she had to remove "Bugs with bug reports" from her next song.
- The Launchpad location drop down on the Customs Office Configure window is no longer overflowing the window.
- The Customs Office Upgrade Hold window no longer has overlapping UI elements.
- Reintroduced the line between Sellers and Buyers in the Market Data section of the Regional Market window.
- The Set Quantity window in Repair Facilities no longer has overlapping elements.
- The clickable area of the small action buttons has been made larger when the Selected Items window has been resized to its smallest.
- The New Event window in the Calendar now looks correct.
- No longer any overlapping elements in the Corporation Ads section of the Corporation window.
- The 'Mailing list management' window now shows correctly.
- Removed the persistent glow effect after right-clicking on icons in the Neocom.
- Compress button no longer highlights for a moment if ore that cannot be compressed is added to compression window.
- No longer any overlap in the Factional warfare Infrastructure hub upgrade window.
- Text is now visible in drop-down list in the New Eden store.
- The Mail Subject field no longer overlaps the text format options.
- Notes field now accessible after choosing Shared Folder option in Create Folder window.
- The Create Decoration window no longer has overlapping elements.
- The Give Shares window from within the Corporation Wallet no longer has overlapping elements.
- The lower half of the Change Active Division button can now be clicked.
- We have made a change to the Personal Assets window that makes it more responsive when searching and loading items.
- The Progress bar for Seasons that shows Points Earned is now aligned correctly.
- Text is no longer cut off in the Inventory window when using the icon view.
- Opening the Cargo of a wreck when the Inventory is in Compact Mode will no longer open a separate window.
- The Accept button when finishing a resource wars mining site is now clickable again.
- Using the Radial Menu for Drones now works correctly.
- Pressing 'Engage Target' on a group of drones now sends all drone in the group. No drone left behind.