Patch Notes - Version 20.06
by EVE Online Team11:00am on Tuesday 2nd August 2022
The following page will list patch notes for all updates within this release (Version 20.06). We invite you to join the player discussion about the content of this release on EVE Online forums:
Initial Release Date: 2022-06-28
Last update: 2022-08-02
🤝 - Indicates a change inspired by player's feedback or suggestions.
| RELEASES: 2022-06-28.1 | 2022-06-29.1 | 2022-06-30.1 | 2022-07-01.1 | 2022-07-05.1 | 2022-07-07.1 | 2022-07-08.1 | 2022-07-12.1 | 2022-07-14.1 | 2022-07-19.1 | 2022-07-26.1 | 2022-08-02.1
Patch Notes For 2022-07-26.1
Features & Changes:
The Amarr Foundation Day event has begun! Running from the 2nd of August to the 9th, don't miss out on exclusive gifts!
- Daily Login Gifts are available to all capsuleers including skillpoints, skins, a special 4-day Amarr Foundation Day Expert System and brand new stunning robes for all characters!
- A special warp velocity bonus will apply to all capsuleers travelling within the Amarr regions (including Khanid and Ammatar space). Gotta go fast!
- The Foundation Day parades have returned and can be found within the Amarr, Ardishapur Prime, Kador Prime, Khanid Prime, Kor-Azor Prime, Sarum Prime, Tash-Murkon Prime systems. Capsuleers can receive skill points for completing daily challenges to visit these parades and launch fireworks* alongside the other revelers.
- *The Amarr Empire are not responsible for any lost digits or injured fedo during Foundation Day Celebrations
- Imperial Mining Expedition sites have returned and can be found within the following constellations: Kisana (Devoid), Nashar (Domain), Maseend (Domain) and Hevaka (Derelik)
- To celebrate Foundation Day, new War Reserves Lieutenant SKINs for the Bestower and Sigil have been added to the Imperial War Reserves loyalty point store
- New Amarr Security Cordon Post landmark sites can be found within the Jark, Nimambal, Khabi, Mahrokht, Yuhelia, Mehatoor, Choonka and Ohide solar systems.
- A themed abyssal proving ground will be running from August 5th to 8th, featuring a Amarr Frigate FFA format.
- An issue that could adversely affect UI services on startup has been "dealt with" 💻🔨 😎
Patch Notes For 2022-07-26.1
Features & Changes:
- Warpspeed bonus from Minmatar space has been removed.
Patch Notes For 2022-07-19.1
Features & Changes:
- This year's Liberation Games event has ended. The results of the annual tribal championship will be tabulated and announced in the coming days.
Patch Notes For 2022-07-14.1
- The moon mining scheduler window is now working properly.
- Added some missing Republic Fleet camouflage textures to hulls.
Patch Notes For 2022-07-12.1
Features & Changes:
- Adjusted the meta level of 6 to the AIR Career Program boosters. As a result, they will no longer be allowed in most proving ground formats.
- All DED and Smuggler Boosters from Capsuleer Day have expired.
- Fixed mission site shipwreck fires that were triggering incorrectly.
- Fixed ambient occlusion textures on Avatar. It is now more Avatar'y
- When choosing a tribe for Minmatar Liberation Day, the correct dialog box should now appear.
- New Eden has been made a better place 💪
- Fixed a very rare issues that could result in being unable to warp to an agent mission site.
- Agents who were previously unsettled by some of the fleet formations they saw have since seen the light. Invalid fleet formation size settings will no longer result in a failure to warp to mission sites.
- The excessive delay when expanding some right-click context menus has been eliminated. Right-clickers rejoice.
- The All Agents section of the People and Places window has returned
- Shared locations that are not yet available to you can once again be distinguished from available ones.
- The password prompt window for private chat channels is now displayed without overlapping elements.
- The War Report window no longer appears empty. You can now bask in the glory of your vanquished foes.
- You can copy the text from the Selected Item window again. 🤝
- Items in your inventory will no longer arrange themselves into a single column in the station panel.
- Items in the inventory window are now automatically sorted when switching compact mode on and off.
- We'll now remember your selected filter in the Assets window so you don't have to. 🤝
- The prompt that appears when you select to store your fleet setup no longer has overlapping elements.
- Glow on slider handles has been reduced due to global glowstick supply chain issues. 🤝
- The item source menu in the Fitting window's fitting management panel should no longer extend outside the window.
- The default height of group entries, such as the market groups and drone groups, has been reduced significantly. 🤝
Back To Top
Patch Notes For 2022-07-08.1
- The Minmatar Liberation Games Mining Expedition sites will now appear correctly in space. Look for them in the Barvigrard, Panorad, Tiat, Ortner, and Tartatven constellations.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused unlootable items to appear in the loot from Liberation Games combat and hacking sites.
Patch Notes For 2022-07-07.1
Features & Changes:
- The Minmatar Liberation Games have returned! This event celebrates the anniversary of when freedom was secured for billions during the Great Rebellion. The festivities across Republic space and Great Wildlands will run until downtime on 19 July.
- The Liberation Games are a friendly tribal tournament open to Capsuleers of all races. Pick one of the Seven Tribes to support and get involved in exciting events happening all across Minmatar space.
- Rewards include boosters, SKINs unique to your tribe, and a special tribal tattoo.
- Most Liberation Games activities you participate in will add points to your chosen tribe's point pool. At the end of the event the tribe that received the most support from Capsuleers will take ownership of the Halls of Liberation station in orbit of Matar in the Pator system alongside a monument to their victory. This station is currently controlled by the Thukker Tribe thanks to their victory in last year's Liberation Games and will continue to change ownership after each Liberation Games event to the winners of the most recent contest.
- Liberation Games historical reenactment combat sites have returned and are appearing within Minmatar Republic highsec and non-FW lowsec space, as well as within the Great Wildlands.
- These sites use advanced drones to recreate two important battles of the Great Rebellion, the Escape from Auner of BYC19 and the Mahti Jailbreak of BYC18.
- Loot from these sites includes tokens that can be sold to Minmatar NPC stations for ISK, new and returning SKINs (including the agency track tribal skins from last year), limited time Minmatar combat boosters, Leopard BPCs, and limited time Cerebral Accelerators.
- These combat sites only allow entry for empire T1 and Navy Faction Cruisers, T1 destroyers, T2 frigates, and empire T1 and Navy Faction frigates. These new combat sites are especially well suited to be completed in Minmatar cruisers and Assault Frigates.
- Liberation Games data sites have also returned and are appearing Minmatar Republic highsec and non-FW lowsec space, as well as within the Great Wildlands.
- The special lore tour challenges Capsuleers to travel between key locations in the history of the Great Rebellion and the history of the Republic. Beware that some of these locations are within lowsec space, so only fly what you can afford to lose and keep your eyes open.
- Daily Login Gifts are available to all Capsuleers including skillpoints, skins, and a special 4 day Minmatar Liberation Day Expert System
- A special warp velocity bonus will apply to all Capsuleers travelling within Minmatar Republic regions.
- The Republic Fleet parades can be found within the Pator, Rens, Hek, Eram, Teonusude, Altrinur, and Hjoramold systems. Capsuleers can receive skill points for completing daily challenges to visit these parades and launch fireworks alongside the other revelers.
- Republic Mining Expedition sites are back and can be found within the Barvigrard, Panorad, Tiat, Ortner, and Tartatven constellations for the duration of this event
- To celebrate Liberation Day, new Fleet Ordnance Spike SKINs for the Hoarder, Wreathe, and Mammoth have been added to the Republic Fleet Ordnance loyalty point store
- New Minmatar border post landmark sites can be found within the Bei, Hek, Irgrus, Odatrik, and Trytedald systems.
- A themed Abyssal Proving Ground will be running from 15 to 18 July, featuring a 1v1 Minmatar Cruiser format with a tachyon speed cloud in the center of the playing field. Capsuleers who have already completed the Liberation Games lore trail challenges by this point will be eligible for a repeatable challenge for the proving ground that provides some ISK as well as points for their chosen tribe.
- Join the community-run celebrations in Pator starting at 18:00 EVE Time on Sunday 10 July.
- Moving the character sheet (or similar window with an animated character) outside of the client window, no longer triggers a graphics driver crash.
- Refactored the fullscreen mode for DirectX12 to fix client crashes, like those triggered by notifications from other applications.
- When in fullscreen mode, changing the resolution of the game will no longer change the desktop resolution. This will also significantly speed up switching in and out of fullscreen mode when returning to the desktop.
Patch Notes For 2022-07-05.1
- Fixed Tether VFX appearing incorrectly.
- Fixed Cynabal SKIN's not appearing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Amarr Robes were displayed on character while randomizing appearance in character customization.
- Fixed a typo in the description of the Grand Prix champions monuments.
- Fixed an issue where some Enforcer Career Agent mission sites would not spawn correctly after previously cancelling warp to those sites.
Air Career Program:
- Fixed a display issue with Air Career Program SP progress bar. The full SP reward track in now visible.
- Air Career Program claimed and unclaimed rewards obtained during a play session persist in the rewards list until the character is logged out. When closing then reopening the window, claimed rewards are placed at the bottom, and unclaimed ones at the top of the list.
- For value related goals the progress is now capped by the target value.
- Player can now inspect the rewards of the goal before completing the goal.
Patch Notes For 2022-07-01.1
- DirectX12: Fixed a problem, which sometimes caused letters, icons or even ships or stations to fail to display in the client.
- DirectX12: A specific client crash should no longer happen.
Patch Notes For 2022-06-30.1
Features & Changes:
- Updated structure particle count for some of the site assets.
- Updated position and rotation of an asteroid in the Explorer Career Agent mission path.
- The names of the top 10 fastest racers for each of this year's Federation Grand Prix extra lap routes have been added to the YC124 monument within the Grand Prix starting line site in Luminaire.
- A video introducing the recently elected members of CSM 17 has been added to billboards across New Eden.
- The final sections of the new Gallente stations in Parchanier and Bereye have been completed and they now offer capsuleer-rentable office and industrial facilities. The official headquarters of the President and Supreme Court respectively have also now been moved to these stations.
- Fixed a sun flare/halo texture.
- Restored missing textures to the Panther.
- Fixed texturing issues with Impel.
- Fixed site triggers not registering correctly.
- Fixed Impel engine textures causing incorrect mapping.
- Fixed the Svipul Heartsurge SKIN incorrectly showing a hologram.
- A fullscreen client with DirectX 12 switches now correctly to the intended resolution, when switching the client to a different screen by changing the adapter setting.
Air Career Program:
- Fixed a UI scaling issue for the Air Career Program.
- The Career Portal will now correctly be introduced at the end of the New Player Experience.
- Fixed an issue for where the Enter key would not respond when modifying a market order.
- Neutral standing should now again be automatically selected when adding a contact.
- Do you stack the Selected Item window with other windows? Do you dislike that the action buttons are stuck in their smallest size? The buttons will now resize correctly again according to the window's width when stacked.
- The order of the name, distance, and security fields in the Selected Item window is now consistent regardless of the window's size.
- The standing indicator icons no longer glow in the dark.
Patch Notes For 2022-06-29.1
- Corrected translations for the EVE Evolved news window.
- Fixed an issue where Agent interactions could fail.
- Fixed an issue where items were were incorrectly filtered out in the Inventory section of the Fitting window.
- Fixed an issue where one of the goals in AIR Career Program had the wrong reward item.
Patch Notes For 2022-06-28.1
Features & Changes
Features & Changes:
Air Career Program
A feature allowing new Capsuleers to explore various career paths, try out different play styles, and find suitable content to improve their skills by completing goals associated with each career. The rewards in the feature are available to new and veteran players alike.
The feature can be accessed from the NeoCom. The icon is at the top of the NeoCom by default, but it can be moved to another position or removed entirely.
Goals are categorized into Activities which are grouped in Careers.
- 4 Careers:
- Explorer - navigation, scanning, hacking, Project Discovery
- Industrialist - mining, manufacturing, salvaging, trading
- Enforcer - PvE combat, missions, Abyssal Deadspace
- Soldier of Fortune - PvP combat and support, Faction Warfare
- 10 Activities per Career
- 3-10 Goals per Activity
- 188 goals in total
A Goal can be tracked which will display its progress in the Info Panel outside of the AIR Career Program window, but tracking isn't required to complete goals since they progress "passively" during normal gameplay.
All Capsuleers start the program from the beginning. Previous records are not included. The Air Career Program will always direct Capsuleers to the nearest available agent. Since you can complete Career missions only once, if the designated agent does not have any jobs for you (☹), please set destination to another agent to complete the mission.
There are rewards for completing particular goals but also for graduating from a career by completing 75% of its goals, and for reaching certain milestones in the overall program.
Career Points - each goal provides some amount of Career Points which are used as the measurement of progression in each Career and the AIR Career Program overall. There are 4,000 CP to collect, 1,000 in each career.
Skill Points: 750,000 SP in total
- 4 x 100,000 SP for graduating from each Career
- 50,000 SP for reaching 750 CP overall
- 75,000 SP for reaching 1,500 CP overall
- 100,000 SP for reaching 2,250 CP overall
- 125,000 SP for reaching 3,000 CP overall
New SKINs for graduating from a Career
- Magnate Aspirant Explorer SKIN
- Heron Aspirant Explorer SKIN
- Imicus Aspirant Explorer SKIN
- Probe Aspirant Explorer SKIN
- Astero Aspirant Explorer SKIN
- Venture Aspirant Industrialist SKIN
- Retriever Aspirant Industrialist SKIN
- Procurer Aspirant Industrialist SKIN
- Covetor Aspirant Industrialist SKIN
- Omen Aspirant Enforcer SKIN
- Caracal Aspirant Enforcer SKIN
- Thorax Aspirant Enforcer SKIN
- Rupture Aspirant Enforcer SKIN
- Phantasm Aspirant Soldier SKIN
- Cynabal Aspirant Soldier SKIN
- Orthrus Aspirant Soldier SKIN
- Stratios Aspirant Soldier SKIN
Additional rewards include free Expert Systems for each Career. Each Expert System provides the skills for ships, modules, and activities for all 4 Empires. These Expert Systems expire after 3 days from redeeming. Below is a list of the AIR Expert Systems available:
- Free AIR Explorer Expert System: all frigates from all four Empires, scanning and hacking skills
- Free AIR Industrialist Expert System: all haulers from all four Empires, mining, reprocessing, manufacturing, salvaging, and trading skills
- Free AIR Enforcer Expert System: all frigates and destroyers from all four Empires, armor, shields, missiles, drones, projectile turrets, hybrid turrets, and energy turrets skills
- Free AIR Soldier of Fortune Expert System: all frigates from all four Empires, armor, shields, missiles, drones, projectile turrets, hybrid turrets, energy turrets, electronic warfare modules, and remote assistance modules.
New Boosters for completing some of the Goals
- AIR Astro-Acquisition II Booster: -10% Scan Probe Scan Time. Base Duration 1 hour.
- AIR Astro-Rangefinding II Booster: +10% Scan Probe Strength. Base Duration 1 hour.
- AIR Astro-Pinpointing II Booster: -10% Scan Probe Deviation. Base Duration 1 hour.
- AIR Agility Booster II: -10% Ship Inertia. Base Duration 1 hour.
- AIR Mining Range Booster I: +10% Mining Laser Optimal Range, 4 hour duration
- AIR Mining Yield Booster III: +15% Mining Laser Yield, 4 hour duration
- AIR Mining Yield Booster I: +5% Mining Laser Yield, 4 hour duration
- AIR Mining Yield Booster II: +10% Mining Laser Yield, 4 hour duration
- AIR Mining Range Booster II: +20% Mining Laser Optimal Range, 4 hour duration
- AIR Rapture Booster II: -6% Capacitor Recharge Time. Base Duration: 2 Hours.
- AIR Nirvana Booster II: +6% Shield Hitpoints. Base Duration: 2 Hours.
- AIR Overclocker Booster II: +5% Max Velocity. Base Duration 30 minutes.
- AIR Hardshell Booster II: +5% Armor Repair, +5% Shield Booster. Base Duration 30 minutes.
- AIR Pyrolancea Booster II: +5% turret damage, +5% missile damage. Base Duration 30 minutes.
- AIR Overclocker Booster III: +5% Agility, +5% Capacitor Recharge Rate. Base Duration: 1 hour.
- AIR Repairer Booster III: -15% Armor Repairer and Shield Booster Cycle Time. Base Duration 1 hour.
Various ships, modules, and skills are all useful in a specific Career choice. Some of the rewards are intentionally associated with a different Empire than the character who claims them is.
ISK rewards for every goal
All rewards from the AIR Career Program are provided through the Redeeming window and are an addition to the standard rewards like bounties, loot, LP, etc.
Each goal has a section in which Aura provides tips and guidance in the form of links to fittings, modules, skills, specific locations, and pointers to relevant UI windows.
- We now treat the engine sounds of ships differently from the player's ship. All engine sounds of ships not piloted by the player are now mixed in a way that better suits scenarios with many ships in a scene.
- Updated audio for pirate structures found in relation to the graphical updates for the Career Agent missions.
- Updated audio for the Minmatar Liberation Day sites.
- Added new sound effects for the Career Portal window.
- Added new sound effects for the Career Agent window.
- Added special music to sites with cloud cover.
- Added a limit to the sound cut out which ensures the player's own engine is never cut out when in use.
- The attenuation curves on ship engine sounds have been changed to better fit each size of ships. Different ship size classes now have more of a distinct sound for each size class.
For this release, we have rolled out significant updates that affect all textures in EVE Online.
- Updated the texture compression format and removed the old texture packing system.
- Increased the graphical fidelity of assets.
- Reduced texture corruption and artifacting.
- Cameras are now more performant as they have to render fewer objects when they are not in view.
- Doubled the resolution of every background nebula
- Rebalanced the color of all background nebula.
- Significantly decreased seaming of the background nebula.
- Overhauled the Level of Detail system, which allows assets to have a more accurate representation of how they should look when changing the zoom level.
- Revamped every Career Agent mission site.
- Added new decorative asteroids.
- Added many new space assets.
- Overhauled all existing assets.
- Added new environment templates for these sites.
- Updated and reactivated the Cloud Cover effects which can now be found in the Career Agent mission sites.
- DirectX 12 is now supported and enabled by default on supported hardware. The option to use DirectX 11 is possible by disabling DirectX 12 in the Launcher Settings.
- If encountering issues trying to start the client, try setting it to DirectX 11 to get it started. Before contacting customer support for DirectX 12 related issues, please turn on the LogLite diagnostic tool and attach the diagnostic file to the support ticket.
- NPCs spawned by CRAB beacons have learned that fighters have travel time and will now prefer to scrap them for parts if their carrier or supercarrier isn't nearby to send out more.
Science & Industry:
- Pressurized Oxidizers and Reinforced Carbon Fibers (and their blueprints) now have new unique distinguishing icons. They deserved better.
- 🤝 The build requirements for the CONCORD Rogue Analysis Beacon blueprint have been updated:
|Self-Harmonizing Power Core
- The Women's Sisters of EVE Advanced Combat Suit is now correctly in the Women's section of the market.
- The Women's Capsuleer Day XVII T-Shirt is now also correctly in the Women's section of the market.
- The 'Strong Veilguard Booster' has been moved to booster slot 14 on the market to match the booster slot it fills.
- The storyline module 'Halberd' Mega Pulse Laser I now correctly has a meta level of 6
- Named Assault Damage Controls now correctly have a meta level of 1.
- Triglavian named Weapon Upgrades and Zorya's Modified Disintegrators should now display the correct meta levels in the compare tool.
Missions & NPCs:
- Upgraded Agent Conversation window for all Career Agents which features their full body portrait and more digestible mission description and rewards. (in Photon UI only)
- Enforcer career agent mission string now features UI blinked guidance and conversations with 3D character antagonists in the mission dungeons.
The Gallente Federation has constructed two new stations to house key government offices. The new Parchanier IV - President Bureau and Bereye III - Supreme Court Tribunal stations will serve as relocated headquarters for their respective government branches, moving these key Federal facilities into high security space. Capsuleer available industrial facilities and office slots will be added to these stations in the near future as the final construction work is completed on the remaining station areas.
- Added a new category of videos in the Agency Help Section: Combat Mechanics
- Added 11 new help videos explaining combat mechanics:
- Energy Neutralizers
- Missile Application
- Missile Range
- Optimal Range
- Sensor Dampening
- Spiral Tackle
- Target Painting
- Warp Disruption
- Weapon Disruption
- Hovering over an NPC Corporation logo in the Character Selection Screen will now also have a sound effect play.
- Added fee information to NPC stations for Cloning Facilities when searching through the Structure browser.
- Added Corporate information when clicking on the logo in the Loyalty Point Store.
- Added Efficiency information to the Gas Decompression window.
- Separated the People & Places window into two separate windows
- Contacts are situated in the Social section of the Neocom Menu.
- Locations are situated in the Personal section of the Neocom Menu.
- 🤝Added a compact mode for the following windows:
- Fleet Window
- Directional Scanner
- Probe Scanner
- Selected Items
- Moved the Manage Labels button into the right-click menu of the Labels tab when in the Standings tab of the Corporation window.
- Added localized text for new features and updates.
Back to Top
- Access lists for structure profiles and shared location folders are now properly governed by the most granular setting, especially for blocking:
- Character overrides Corporation, which overrides Alliance, which overrides Everyone.
- Please note: Structure profiles different access lists are not influencing each other and the access is being combined (if allowed in one list and blocked in another, then the resulting access is allowed) - nothing changed to this part.
- Can now copy all Expert Skill skill training plans to the skill queue.
- Fixed small UI bug when changing targets with Drones in space selected.
- Fixed an issue with attempting to Decompress Gas in a station with an offline Refinery.
- It is no longer possible to apply skill points to an empty skill whose requirements are only met by an Expert System.
- Short outages of the service for the Omega status are now being handled more gracefully and should no longer cause skills to fall back to Alpha limitations.
- The Rear hull of the Endurance is no longer pixelated in appearance.
- Guristas decals will now appear correctly.
- Concord Prison Barracks now appear as expected.
New Player Experience:
- The camera will no longer remain locked after completing or skipping the NPE.
- Completing Cash Flow for Capsuleers (5 of 10) now correctly requires the player to defeat the enemy.
- Completing Cash Flow for Capsuleers (8 of 10) now correctly requires the player to approach the hotel when given by an Amarr agent.
- Localized defect fixes related to this patch.
- Fixed an issue with the Angel DED 1/10 site "Minmatar Contracted Bio-Farm" which prevented it from correctly dropping Gistii C-Type modules.
- Saved locations sub-ordering now sorts correctly.
- Overview tooltips no longer appear above the Radial Menu.
- Windows with the Compact Mode option now remember what state they were last in when they were closed.
- Removed a blank attribute appearing in the information windows of destructible effect beacons.
- Fixed minor text issues in the Empire Selection screen.
- The standings tab of the Character sheet will no longer occasionally fail to display after swapping tabs quickly.
- Ship fits linked in chat windows will display the name of the fit.
- Fixed UI issue with buttons not correctly highlighting in Fighter Bay.
- Greyed out the Compress button when Reprocessing Facility in structure is offline
- The scroll bar no longer overlaps the content of Show Info windows.
- An issue with the Journal that caused the status to not automatically update when accepting or completing a mission has been fixed.
- The Neural Remapping window no longer contains overlapping elements.
- The Neocom 'Create Group' window no longer has overlapping elements.
- Fixed background of dialogue window that pops up when closing a window stack.
- The 'Multibuy' window no longer has overlapping elements.
- The 'Transparency' slider now works correctly when the 'Window Blur' option is disabled.
- Clicking on Settings' sliders instead of dragging now works correctly.
- The Modify Order window now no longer has buttons overlapping text
- Fixed an issue that prevented the event section of the agency from displaying when a challenge was ready to turn in.