AgentRunner Res
COSMOS Res
Community
Search Google
Web EveInfo

FAQ |  Log in |  Search |  Profile |  Usergroups |  Register

4 : Vengeance (Guristas Pirates)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
EVEINFO.COM Forum Index » EVE-ONLINE 4 level Mission DB » 4 : Vengeance (Guristas Pirates)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarmaLINI
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: 4 : Vengeance (Guristas Pirates)

Mission Name : Vengeance
Agent Level : 4
Enemy : Guristas Pirates
Mission Type : DeadSpace

Link : http://eveinfo.com/missions/252

Briefing :
I have terrible news, ***. A major personel convoy carrying countless Caldari State members was completely obliterated by Guristas ships, led by that damned commander of theirs, Rachen Mysuna. His reputation as a brutal Pirate military leader has traveled far and wide these past few years, and it's time to put and end to his miserable existance.

I want to you be the bringer of our vengeance, ***. Strike him down like the dog he is. When his battleship as been turned to dust, then you shall recieve your reward.

Please post your impressions about this mission. Also you can post (share) your views, hints, tips, tactics and etc..
 Back to top »
Sponsor
lukr
Astronaut
Astronaut

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

the mission is pretty much the same, just some BCs and destroyers.
1st level: no agro.
2nd level: agro from the closest cruisers.
3rd level: first group is two BCs @2000m, all cruisers are replaced by BCs.
 Back to top »
Horatio Nately
Senior Astronaut
Senior Astronaut

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

Structures With Loot: Guristas War Installation
 Back to top »
lukr
Astronaut
Astronaut

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

Horatio Nately wrote:

anything usefull? Last time i destroyed it, it took several minutes, and the loot was pretty much worthless.
 Back to top »
Horatio Nately
Senior Astronaut
Senior Astronaut

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject:

lukr wrote:
Horatio Nately wrote:

anything usefull? Last time i destroyed it, it took several minutes, and the loot was pretty much worthless.

Nope, done it twice now. It's not worth the waste of weapons
 Back to top »
Sponsor
presidente
Senior Astronaut
Senior Astronaut

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I accomplished the Vengeance Serpentis last night with my BRUTIX. Not the hardest l4 IMO but quite sophisticated for an advanced mission runner with 6.500.000 SP »only«. But what I like actually is to figure out the BRUTIX limits at l4. I believe a BRUTIX with t2 fittings and some good balanced Gunnery, Drones etc. skills and a good worked out combat strategy between close and mid-range will work fine for some harder l4's. Battlecruiser V is one target in my skill plan. I think with eg. max. Gunnery skills and BC V the BRUTIX will be an awesome close/mid combat beast ruled by a patient pilot. More later in Presidente Gallente's Blog comming soon.

Live strong skilled and successful!

Presidente Gallente
 Back to top »
calidore
Rookie
Rookie

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I did this solo for the first time last night. Satisfying, but it took way oo long. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve the following approach?

The first two stages are easily done with a good Guristas mission setup. I used 6 cruise with wrath and 2 250mm railguns (antimatter) up top, all vespa (kinetic) drones, T2 x-l shield booster, 2*kinetic hardener, thermal hardener, shield boost amp, euctetic cap recharger, three T2 power diagnostics and 2 named/T2 ballistic controls.

The third stage is the problem. The two nearest battlecruisers go down no problem, but the sentry guns are too far away and do EM damage, which hurts the above setup a lot. I was forced to warp out and refit. I replaced the cap recharger with a sensor booster, one of the PDS with another ballistic control (in the (futile) hope this'd let me kill the end battleship) and swapped the boost amp for an EM hardener.

Warping back in, I was now able to kill all the sentry guns fairly quickly, and the ships didn't last long after that - except for the end boss, who proved impossible to kill with missiles alone, and equally impossible to get into the range of my drones and railguns.

I had to warp out and refit again, removing EM hardener and sensor booster, and replacing them with the cap recharger and a 100mn afterburner. This enabled me to get close enough to sic the drones and guns on him, and this let me grind him down and eventually destroy him.

Obviously two separate warp-out and refittings isn't ideal. I'd like to get it down to 1, at most. One way might be to leave out the sensor booster stage and just fit the afterburner and cap recharger into the 'spare' midslots try to use the former to close quickly into locking range of the sentry guns. But without some kind of EM hardening I doubt this would be practical, and warping out would still probably be necessary. To take on the ships still seems to require 2 kinetic and 1 thermal hardener, so I can't compromise on that part of the tank. And removing the shield boost amp already seriously dents the tank, as it means the booster needs to run for longer so I run out of cap fast.

How do others deal with this? One option I'm thinking about for next time would be to fit 1 kinetic hardener and 2 invulnerability fields. This would mean I had 40%ish EM resistance while having only slightly lower kinetic and thermal resistance. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help!
 Back to top »
lukr
Astronaut
Astronaut

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

a few tips:
- train Electronic warfare drone interfacing -> gives 3000m drone range/lvl. At L2-L3 Michuna (or what is his name) should be in range for the drones.
- immediately after warp-in approach the sentry guns.
- Start shooting the sentries as soon as you can.
- 1 kin, 1 therm, 1 invul hardeners. T2 if you can.
- drop the railguns, and fit a heavy nos -> helps to keep your booster runing.

- kill everything, and if your drones don't do enough dmg, refit some torpedo launchers.

or get a friend:)
 Back to top »
turnip
Rookie
Rookie

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Stage 3

I just finished stage 3 and the cruisers have been replaced by ferox's (Assasins mostly as I remember)
 Back to top »
7of9
Rookie
Rookie

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: like umm...

guys ... seriously ... this is easy, and that with normal gear (t1/2), in raven

6 arbys, and one or two medium guns, whatever u can fit (i can fit 2xheavy beam laser II)

C5-L XL shield booster
Heavy cap booster
heat hardner II
kinetic hardner II
2x invul field II

3 PDU II
2 Ballistic II

4 800's in the booster, and another 9 in the cargo
fill up with juggernaut's

5(7) vespa's in the drone bay.

it _will_ require u to have either an alt with a webber, or electronic warfare upgrades to 2 or 3 (2 works, 3 is better) so u can use drones on the last 2,5m BS cause he use defenders...

remember: all the feroxes need only 2 volleys, same with the turrests in the last stage. most BS's need 9 or less volleys (can kill 2 with full bays)
 Back to top »
Sponsor
Pigasus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

The trick in this mission is “Scout Drone Operation V”. With T2 Vespa and a Drone Link Augmentor I you have a 60+ range for your drones, and let Mysuna run… Laughing Laughing
 Back to top »
Xlunax
Senior Astronaut
Senior Astronaut

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

aw comeon guys....this isn't hard. I'm only 4 months old and had no trouble with it. Then again, I got a gist xtype xl shied booster. To me, that is the best thing I ever bought (1.2bil at the time of this writing). With 4 arbi cruise, 2 arbi torp, t2 invul/kin/therm, and t1 drones it was easy. The key is that I always use an AB too. As others have said, you have to get close to the 2.5M bounty "boss". Its almost as if it runs its cap down tryiing to get away from you so that its shield boosters don't work. Without the AB on, and 25km from the boss, its shield boosters keep healing it at a very rapid rate. Was impossibile for me to kill until I got within about 5km of it.
 Back to top »
SeigneurDesMysteres
Rookie
Rookie

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Energy System Operation 4 (i have at 5 but not needed)
Energy Management 4 (i have at 5 but not needed)
Shield Compensation 3

6X Arby torp w/Juggers 2X Tractor
CapRechargerII, DG Boost Amp, 2XBallisticII, 1XThermalII, Gist B XL SB
3X BCUII 2X PDSII

3X Cap Rig I

Every part of the mission runs like cake, but the 2.5m boss took about 5 reloads to kill...
 Back to top »
Pigasus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:

Pigasus wrote:
The trick in this mission is “Scout Drone Operation V”. With T2 Vespa and a Drone Link Augmentor I you have a 60+ range for your drones, and let Mysuna run… Laughing Laughing

With this you are not going to use more than 2 reloads Cool
 Back to top »
Xlunax
Senior Astronaut
Senior Astronaut

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Pigasus wrote:
Pigasus wrote:

With this you are not going to use more than 2 reloads Cool

This is definitely not consesus, but its an excellent idea (I just went and bought a Drone Link Augmentor). Everyone seems to be using Heavy Nos or guns for the extra high slots (besides the 6 cruise/torps) on the Raven, but with the cap rigs, the Nos aren't needed and drones ROCK! Especially now that they have the control range to (almost) preemptively strike. I can't fit a gun in the 8th slot anyway with my skills. (Augmentor is CPU use only, not powergrid.)
 Back to top »
Sponsor
EVEINFO.COM Forum Index » EVE-ONLINE 4 level Mission DB » 4 : Vengeance (Guristas Pirates)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: